Saturday, September 13, 2008

CAROLINE IS GOING TO BE A BIG SISTER!

We are pregnant and VERY excited. I am just finishing up my 12th week and everything has been great so far. I am feeling great, except for a day here and there and the baby is growing and thriving. I had an ultra sound yesterday and the baby looks perfect. Junior wasn't able to go to the ultra-sound because of work (believe me there will be many, many more) so Amy went with me. The nurse put a note in a sealed envelope with the baby's sex written on it. As soon as Junior walked in the door we opened it. 70% a girl! We will have 2 beautiful girls. The Silverio family was in desperate need of a little boy (this baby will be the 8th girl - no boys) but it is God's plan. Junior's mom about fell over when we told her it was a girl.

I think about the wonderful relationship that I have with both of my sisters and I am so happy that Caroline will have this. Having no brothers I don't know any different. My dad said he was glad, he wouldn't even know what to do with a boy - he loves his little girls. Caroline has been at Grandpa's 2 nights this week - he can't take more than a few days without her. She is so lucky and I know that she will be an amazing big sister. The baby is due March 27th and Caroline's 2nd birthday is April 17th - they will be the best of friends. I'm sure I will be a little stressed with a newborn and a 2 year old wild toddler but we will make it through.

I'm praying that the rest of the pregnancy goes as smooth as the first trimester. I've already been warned that I will be at the doctor once, sometimes twice a week being monitored because of my diabetes and my age - two high risk concerns for me. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to - the baby and my health is most important. We will watch the babies growth and it is likely that she will be born early if she starts to get too big because of my diabetes.

Junior and I feel very blessed and he is very excited about his two girls. He has created such a bond with Caroline - she loves her daddy. He has visions about days out with his girls. He had a dream about 9 months ago that we had a baby girl who had beautiful blond curly hair and his dark skin - I can't wait to see her. We are debating about names right now but I am going to let him name the baby, probably a Spanish name.

I'll try to keep this "Caroline's" blog but I'm sure you will see many new baby updates as the time passes. Then maybe they will have to share a blog when the baby comes.

Caroline has almost been in my arms for 1 year - amazing. Our Gotcha Day is October 1st and our arrival to Phoenix anniversary is October 10th. It is crazy to think how much has changed in 1 year. Makes me believe that hard times will always pass and there is so much happiness to follow - I couldn't be happier. All my dreams are coming true. The love of my life and a beautiful family in the making.

XOXO

3 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

Congratulations :)

ronna said...

Congratulations Gretchen and Junior!! Mike and I are very excited for you and can't wait to meet the family...maybe during Thanksgiving if you're around. Take care and this couldn't happen to a nicer person!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I hope all goes well for you!