Wednesday, September 9, 2009

BIG UPDATES ON THE GIRLS

She loves the swing
Why does my mommy put these hats on me?

Sleeping beauty - she loves to sleep like this on Junior's arm

All dressed up

Building things with daddy

New outfits from Abuela

I'm so good at this potty thing

Pretty new dress from Abuela

CAROLINE IS ALMOST POTTY TRAINED!
Caroline has decided she is ready to be potty trained. We were all sick this past Labor Day weekend so it was the perfect opportunity to spend several days in panties with the potty chair in the living room. WOW was it successful! She can spend several hours at a time with her panties on and will sit on the potty herself when she has to go. She is getting so many stickers on her potty chart. Yesterday she peed in the potty 8 times and actually pooped twice. Right now she is in the living room with only a tank top on with the potty chair ready. She has only had 1 accident in the last 4 days. Of course we have only been doing this at home and have not yet taken her out of the house without a diaper on but that is coming soon. It sure will be nice on the budget to only be buying diapers for one of them :).

GABRIELLA HAS 2 TEETH NOW!
Gabby got her 2nd bottom tooth - they are so cute and sharp! I haven't gotten a good picture of them yet but I will keep trying. We are working on her food choices too but she is still a green bean and sweet potato girl. She doesn't really like anything else. I've tried carrots, fruit and yesterday we tried yogurt - she hated it. She gags and makes the funniest faces. We will keep trying. I have been making my own babyfood which I have enjoyed and then I know exactly what she is getting. I had to make more green beans this week since that is her favorite. She is almost sitting up by herself. She can for a short time but eventually falls over but she is getting stronger and stronger and will be sitting soon. This one is going to be on the move. She is very interested in everything around her and wants to get her hands on everything. She grabs and reaches for anything in front of her. As sweet as she is she is going to be a handful once she starts moving. She continues to be one of the best babies I have ever known - she is so good. Makes me want to have another but I'm sure I would only luck out like this once. She is one of a kind.

Junior's new job in the solar business is going good and he is very excited for the future in this business. My new job at American Tower is great - I really like it and don't miss the sales quota hanging over my head. We are working on some projects around the house now that we are both working. We got a big new leather sectional in the living room and had it painted a really neat green color. We are getting hard wood floors put in the living room next week. This is so necessary with kids and dogs - the carpet is GROSS. I can't wait for the new floors.

Love to all!
The Silverio's

















1 comment:

Kami said...

So good to hear you all are doing well. Kaleb is potty training, too. It's going okay, but we still have a ways to go (probably because he is a boy). Also, I know what you mean about the carpet. We just steam cleaned ours, but it won't last long with Kaleb and our dog in the house. :) The wood floors will be so pretty and clean! Love to you.
Kami