Sunday, March 29, 2009

HOME A WEEK

Abuela & her girls
Sleeping beauty

Abuela makes me laugh


Ready to go to lunch with the girls in my pink bow

Look how strong I am (look at my chubby arms)

Watch, I'm gonna life my head

Look at that body

My first bath - not such a fan

Caroline enjoying a cookie

Caroline & Nonnie in the fountain

Well, we've been home a week as a family of 4 and are doing great. Gabriella still has her nights and days a little mixed up but I'm so in love with her that at this stage I don't mind being up with her a lot during the night - it gives me a chance to hold and snuggle her. Junior is not an advocate of having her in bed with us but it is hard for me - I like having her there for a few hours at least when I'm not in a deep sleep. I try to sneak her in when he is sleeping. He usually catches me!

Caroline is a GREAT big sister. She loves to help and gives Gabby hundreds of kisses each day. She also likes to copy mommy and pretend to breastfeed her babies - pretty cute. She sits next to me and pulls up her shirt. Doesn't take this one long to pick up on something - you can't do anything without her trying it out.

Junior has gotten a job at a swanky hotel here in Scottsdale - The Mondorian doing security at one of the clubs and the pool on weekends. It is a great hotel group so hopefully it will turn into more. For now he just feels good to finally be working. I miss having him around on the weekends but he has Sunday's off so that will be our family day plus he is home during the week which is great while I am on maternity leave. I have a potential job lead - I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This is a company where two of my girlfriends went to work when they left American Tower and I have been talking to them for several months hoping that they would have some positions available. They just posted 3 sales positions and I really hope to get one and start in June. I will feel very fortunate if this works out. I'm saying my prayers and being very hopeful.

Junior's mom is still her and is so much help. Considering that I can't pick up Caroline for at least another 4 weeks it is necessary that she be here. She plans to leave at the end of April sometime after Caroline's 2nd birthday on the 17th.

We are all happy and healthy and loving our new family member.

Hugs and kisses to everyone.
Gretchen, Junior, Caroline and Gabriella

2 comments:

The Kautzman Family said...

Gretchen,

Congratulations on your new addition! Both of your girls are so beautiful.

Corinne

Hilary Marquis said...

Congratulations! Gabby is a BEAUTIFUL baby. I LOVE fluffy babies :) I am so happy that things went well for you and that you're all settling in. Caroline is going to be a great big sister/mommy. Take it easy and enjoy your girls!