Thursday, March 5, 2009

2 WEEKS AND COUNTING THE DAYS

The countdown is on. I will check into the hospital 2 weeks from today on March 19th for Gabriella's entry into the world. We are so excited to meet our new daughter. We had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and I am not dialated at all which was a little frustrating. I was hoping that it was starting - it certainly feels like it is. I am having contractions every day and am VERY uncomfortable. We will go in again next Thursday to see if I am dialated and make a plan from there. Either way on the 19th I will either be induced or we will schedule a c-section. I will be 39 weeks at that time.

I have so many feelings right now, fear, excitment, happiness, and of course the feeling of the unknown. Having never given birth before I have to admit that I am very scared. Also, the unknown of a newborn which I did not experience with Caroline. Thank God for my wonderful husband who is so helpful and supportive and such a wonderful father. Of course I will also have the help of Caroline - she already is so motherly to her dolls and I know that she will be with her new baby sister.

We will keep you posted but know that the 19th/20th is the day if she isn't born sooner.

Hugs and kisses to all.
G, J & C

1 comment:

Hilary Marquis said...

Gretchen,

You are going to do just fine. Listen to the nurses, they will take good care of you. You went through labor and delivery with Caroline, the pain just wasn't as physical, but emotional. I've done it both ways, and ya know whay? Anara's labor and delivery was far worse than my other three! You'll do great and you are going to have a new blessing in the end. Let me know if you have any questions between now and then :) There's nothing I like to talk about more than adoption and the birth of my children! (I did a course on Doula training too...)

Love,,
Hilary