Wednesday, October 1, 2008

1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - GOTCHA DAY

Going into the orphanage - I was so nervous!

Mommy and daughter

Hello, I'm Caroline


So in love!

Today is a very special day for us. One year ago today, October 1st I went to the Baby House to meet my beautiful Caroline and bring her into my loving arms forever. I can't believe it. Some days it is hard to believe it has been a year and then other days I feel like we have been together forever. The trip was such a journey and I can remember how nervous I was entering the orphanage.

We aren't really doing anything special today - maybe frozen yogurt this afternoon with Grandma but on the 11th we are having a little get together at our house to celebrate. Oct 10th is actually the day that we arrived home to Phoenix and Caroline meet her whole family.

She is doing great though we had a rough night last night. She still is not a good sleeper. Rarely does she sleep through the night. She was up for about 3 hours last night which is hard on all of us.

I love her more and more each day and am so blessed to be her mother.

I thank her birthmother today for the wonderful gift that she has given me.

Here are some pictures from our very first meeting - it's been awhile since these were posted on the blog.
XOXO

No comments: