Wednesday, April 23, 2008

SHE'S GROWING

Caroline had her one year Wellness appointment this morning. She is growing and the doctor says she is doing great. 50th percentile for weight, 75th percentile for height and her head growth is significant. The doctor says that the head growth is due to nutrition - so sad but so glad that she is home with me - I know that brian development is dependent on this. She is 30" long and weighs 21lbs 3 oz. She is getting so big.

The doctor game me his "mommy pep talk". He advised that at this age she will start to assert herself and have her little temper tantrums - I let him know that it has already started. He said that I should be putting her in time out for 2 minutes when she is not behaving and that time out should be in her crib or her playpin. Needless to say she will be spending a lot of time in her crib. She does not like the word no and often asserts her aggression on mommy. He said this is totally normal and to be prepared for this for a few years. This is the beginning of teaching her right from wrong and it will continue until she is 18. Our goal is to teach Caroline to be a respectful little girl and to be kind and caring to other people. She is a little angel and I don't think we will have much trouble doing this.

We are headed out today to have her 1 year pictures taken. I hope that the 3 shots she had today do not make her crabby for picture time.

Love to all!

4 comments:

Gen 's Family Story said...

Yeah, we got a pep talk too. We were told that if at 18 months Michael hadn't stopped gaining weight we would have to restrict him...but he was 30 inches at his one year also, but he was 26 lbs 8 oz!! It was that nutrition thing again...She's a happy babe:)

Gen 's Family Story said...

Me again. Happy Mother's Day, MOM!!!

Hilary Marquis said...

Gretchen,

I am putting together a photo album for the AO picnic. There will be Kyrg officials present and I'd like to give them a book full of before and after shots fo kids that have come home from Kyrg. I'd love to includ you and Caroline. Please email me at hilydawn@hotmail.com

Scooterpooter said...

So cute. Love the hand-o-frosting shot!!