Monday, April 21, 2008

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS













Well, she is starting out by a multiple day birthday celebration. Thursday the 17th - actual birthday she went to daycare and I made cupcakes for all the kids. Of course she had one there and then we had to have one at home with a candle so that I could help her celebrate (she didn't sleep too well that night - maybe too much sugar). My friend Marci arrived from San Diego on Thursday night to help celebrate.

Friday afternoon my girlfriend Kristin arrived from Denver for the rest of the weekend festivities. We had a cookout and party on Saturday afternoon - Caroline enjoyed herself and was spoiled with gifts. My living room was bad enough - now more new toys. She is such a lucky girl to be loved by so many.

I thought of her birth mother so much during the last several days and my heart ached for her as I can only imagine how she was feeling on Caroline's birthday. I thank her everyday for the decision that she made as I am so blessed to be the mother of this beautiful child. I pray that God is sending her birthmother messages comforting her and letting her know how much she is loved and how happy she is.
Enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Caroline! She is growing so nicely. I loved the pics with her into the cake :)

So cute!

Gen 's Family Story said...

I love these pics!!! How did you keep her away from the candles?! Happy Birthday beautiful princess!!