Monday, July 28, 2008

THE KISSING BANDIT

Caroline is a kissing bandit! It is wonderful. She LOVES to give big wet kisses. They are the sweetest kisses I have ever had. Mommy and Daddy get a million a day. When I ask her for a kiss she will come over with a big smack right on the lips - with the smacking sound to go with it. Pure heaven. The ones that are even more special are the random ones when I am just sitting there and she comes over and kisses me where ever she can find skin - my knee, my arm, my shoulder, anywhere. When I'm holding her she will just lean into my shoulder and give me kisses over and over. She is particular with whom she gives these to, they are reserved for mommy, daddy, the dogs (they get the most), Nana, Grandpa & Grandma Kathy, and Aunt Amy. We had friends over this weekend and I told her to give kisses but she refused - they are only for the ones she loves the most.

We made a mad dash to Home Depot this weekend to get a lock for the pantry door - I can't keep her out of there. Of course the lock we got won't work so I have to go get another one. She loves to open the pantry and pull out snacks, zip lock bags, whatever she can get her hands on. There is a big box of Honeycomb cereal and that is her favorite. She pulls the box out - reaches in a grabs the bag of cereal out of the box and walks around the house feeding the dogs and herself Honeycomb. This can keep her busy for 45 minutes. Little does she know that tonight was the last free for all in the pantry - the lock is going on tomorrow. Not only will she me mad but the dogs will be too - they are both getting fat thanks to Caroline. She loves to feed the dogs.

It is something new every day. Amazing how fast she is growing.

1 comment:

Gen 's Family Story said...

I want a kiss too! Those slobbery ones are the best. Joy with the dogs, ours wait under the high chairs for them to feed them! They also like to eat their food too. Our magnetic one didn't work on our doors either, we had to get different ones too!