Friday, June 13, 2008

She's Walking!!!!!

Caroline is walking! Monday night Junior and I got her on video walking between the two of us on the living room floor - about 5-6 steps between us and she went back and forth. We are so excited. I had to leave town on Tuesday and just got back home last night and she is getting better and better each day and walking more. Such a huge milestone. We are so proud!

I know that the real fun starts now - she will no longer want me to hold her because she will want to be moving. I will not be able to restrain her in a stroller when we are out anywhere and we will be chasing her all the time. I have flashbacks of my sister Julie at Amy's wedding rehersal dinner - my nephew Bo was all over the place. Julie was not able to eat her dinner or visit with the guests. At that time I had hoped Caroline would have been walking for the wedding but after witnessing Julie chasing Bo I was releived. The time has now come Julie so I can feel your pain.

We'll try to get some walking pictures or video this weekend so that you can all see it for yourself.

We will be celebrating Father's Day with a cookout at Amy & Brian's. Grandpa's first fathers day with Caroline and Junior's first Father's Day. Lots to celebrate.

Have a great weekend everyone.

XO,
Gretchen

1 comment:

Gen 's Family Story said...

Congrats to Caroline! Michael is about ready to go to, but like you, I'm not too anxious to feel your pain! He'll be there soon enough and then his sister will be right behind him...can you say TIRED!!!