Sunday, June 22, 2008

Caroline Got Her Ears Pierced

Pretty Earrings

We had an exciting day at the mall yesterday. It is 110+ in Phoenix and we had to get out of the house. On such a hot day there is no other place to go than the mall. With a little encouragement from daddy we got Caroline's ears pierced. She did so good. I was about to vomit but we all made it out alive. I had hoped that they could do both ears at the same time but she was a little to squirmy for that. She sat on Junior's lap and he held her while they did them one right after the other. It was like watching a scary movie - I had my hands over my eyes but kept peeking through my fingers. She of course screamed bloody murder and cried after the first one and then the 2nd I don't think she even felt because she was too upset about the first. While I finished the paperwork Junior took her outside the store and walked a little. By the time I caught up to them she was smiling and fine. She looks so pretty - such a big girl.

I can't believe how big she is getting - she is 100% a toddler - no more baby around here. It makes me so sad.

Her big girl status was reinforced this morning at church. When I checked her into the daycare I had to check her in as a walker which advanced her to the next room for toddlers. She had a ball with all the other kids walking around. It made me sad when I picked her up - I am reminded each day how lucky I am to be her mother. She makes me so proud.

Junior and I leave for the Dominican Republic on Friday and will be without Caroline for 8 nights - we are going to miss her so much but we are looking very forward to the trip. She will have a ball with Grandma and Grandpa and Kathy. I'm sure they will have great stories when we get home.




No comments: