Thursday, August 30, 2007

AIRLINE TICKETS PURCHASED

Amy and I purchased our airline tickets yesterday. We are leaving Friday, September 28th and will return to Phoenix Wednesday, October 10th with my beautiful Caroline. Lots to do in the coming weeks. Thank God I'm such an organized freak........sometimes it pays to be this way. I already have all her clothes washed and her crib is loaded with the stuff that will be packed for her. Mommy on the other hand has not thought about what to take though I will be pretty simple while I am there - no need for a fashion statement. Don't really want to draw any attention to myself.

I did find out that there are two other families that will be traveling with us which will be very nice. That makes me and Amy feel a little safer though I have been told by another family that has already been there that there is no reason not to feel safe. Mom has an old coworker from Topeka that has been doing trips to Kyrgyzstan over the last several years with his church - she spoke to him last night and told him about my adoption. He was so very excited. I will call him before we leave to talk to him and get some input on the trip. He actually knows 2 American restaurants that he highly recommends - I'm sure we will want the names of those.

I'd love for everyone to post comments on the blog - I'm not sure how you do it but I'm sure that it will walk you through. This way while Amy and I are gone you can correspond with us.

30 days and counting until we leave.........

No comments: