Tuesday, December 29, 2009

CHRISTMAS BEHIND US - ON TO 2010

Beep, Beep
Caroline holding a bunny on Christmas Day

Help me - who is this guy?!

Gabby's new car from Aunt Amy & Uncle Brian

Caroline and her new bike from Santa (Papa)

Caroline and her cousin Kylie - always giggling

Gabriella and Abuela

Nonnie & Gabriella - great picture

The Silverios Christmas Eve

We had a wonderful Christmas - Caroline was really into the Santa thing this year. We put out cookies and milk for Santa before she went to bed on Christmas Eve and she was so excited to see in the morning that he ate almost all of his cookies and drank all but a drop of his milk (just what I needed, more cookies). We all feel very blessed this Christmas and of course the girls got way too many gifts - I swear no more gifts for birthdays or holidays. They don't need anything, I have nowhere to put all this stuff and some of it I haven't even opened yet until they get bored with some of the other new things. It is just so hard to say no when buying for them. SPOILED!
We are having some friends over for New Years Eve - Kelleen, Adam and their twin boys. They will spend the night - hopefully we can get all the kids to bed early and we plan to play some cards / games and enjoy a night with friends. Junior and laugh that we have no desire to go out on New Years Eve - we want to be home with the kiddos and it is fun just to hang out with good friends.

We are having a great time with Carmen here and it is such a big help - especially with the girls out of day care these past two weeks. Wow, I don't know that I could do it all day every day - it is nonstop. Of course I love the time with them but I miss some quiet time and my days working. Work is very slow right now as is typical during the holidays. I'm looking forward to a busy and successful 2010. Junior is out of town for a few days for work and hopefully their business will continue to be busy in 2010. We look to 2010 as the year to get back on track after both of us being laid off for several months.

Caroline is talking nonstop and is so close on the potty training - we have about 5 diapers left and I have told her that I am not buying anymore. She got a new bike for Christmas from Santa (Papa) and we will be spending a lot of time riding that. She starts soccer on Jan 17th. I think she is a natural - she is so good with a soccer ball - I can't wait to see her in action. It is hard to believe that she will be 3 in 4 months. She is such a big girl. She is still having some Terrible Two tendencies but I have been warned that these often last through the 3's - GREAT! We will make it through - I have to remember to be patient - she is a VERY strong willed little girl and wants all things her way - kinda like her mother :).

Gabriella is so close to walking - she walks around furniture, and can walk behind a walker. I would guess in the next month or so. She is still the sweetest baby in the world and is so funny. She makes the funniest faces and she has such an amazing personality. She loves to copy anything that you do - it is so cute. Of course she is most interested in her big sister and they crack eachother up - it is the best sound, hearing them giggle. Gabriella has such a great laugh and she laughs so often - she is such a happy baby.
We look forward to 2010 with our girls and I of course can't wait to spend another year with my wonderful husband.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!










No comments: